Read Time:47 Second
In this classwork, you are to analyze the poem: ‘DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCUS TASTES?’ by Kukogho Iruesiri Samson:
a soft fart
slowly set free
gives smelly bliss
a tear drop
on grieving lips
tastes salty sweet
do you know
how mucus tastes
sucked while weeping?
the itch’s pleasure
it is heavenly!
ever felt it?
exist to exit
life is simple
why that frown?
live to leave
mind little things
nothing lasts forever!
- What is the theme of the poem? Explain.
- What do you think about the question in the title: DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCUS TASTES?
- Identify 4 poetic devices uses in the poem.
- What is the tone/mood of the poet?
- What do you think the poet is saying in the first 3 lines of stanza 3?
- Say something about the form.
- Reply the poet with a poem of 3 lines.
Submit your answer in the comment box below.
One thought on “POETRY ANALYSIS: DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCUS TASTES?”
It’s really encouraging ☺️