Four young Nigerian poets have emerged winners of the WRR-CAPRECON backed ‘GREEN AUTHOR PRIZE’ 2015.
The winners are:
- Zone 1 – VANGER FATER, a 23-year-old poet from Benue State
- Zone 2 – WAZANI ADAMU IJARAFU, a 22-year-old poet from Adamawa state
- Zone 3 – ONWUASOANYA CHIKA JONES, a 24-year-old poet from Imo state
- Zone 4 – AYOMIDE FESTUS, a 22-year-old poet from Osun state
All four pioneer ‘Green Authors’ will share a full traditional publishing contract worth N200,000. They will be jointly published as co-authors of a collection of poems.
The book will be unveiled at the WRR Literary Festival 2015 scheduled for the 12th of December, 2015.
On the panel of judges are four young and established Nigerian writers:
- Su’eddie Agema Vershima – an author of three poetry collections, the Chairman of the Association of Nigerian Authors (Benue State Chapter), as well as Editor and Executive Officer at SEVHAGE Publishers;
- Saddiq Dzukogi – a mentor at HilltopArt Centre who has published essays, poems, reviews, interviews in Nigerian national dailies, local and international Journals;
- Oludipe Samuel – a Nigerian poet, essayist, playwright, blogger and critic; and
- Kukogho Iruesiri Samson – a Nigerian poet, multimedia journalist, photographer, sociopreneur and CEO of WRR Ltd.
The ‘GREEN AUTHOR PRIZE’ was initiated in recognition of the need to give young, unpublished Nigerian writers a chance to get heard.
The 2015 edition, which is the first, was co-sponsored by WORDS RHYMES & RHYTHM LTD and CAPRECON DEVELOPMENT CONSULT.