We are now accepting poetry and short fiction entries for the 2023 edition of the annual Brigitte Poirson Literature Prize (BPLP).
In this inaugural edition of the new version of the Prize, we have an open theme to allow entrants to explore without restrictions. However, our judges will be looking for poems and short fiction that tell stories of the human condition with originality, creativity, and authenticity while respecting human dignity.
The Prize is open to Nigerian poets residing in any part of the world.
PRIZES TO BE WON
- A $300 cash prize ($150 for poetry & $150 for short fiction). There will be only one winner per category.
- A chapbook publishing (digital) contract for the winner of each category.
- The top 10 entries per category will be published in the annual BPLP anthology.
- Contestants can submit only one entry, which must be the original work of the person submitting it.
- Submissions should be sent to SUBMISSIONS@WRR.NG in the body of the email. No ATTACHMENTS.
- Length/Word Count: 40 lines maximum for poetry & 2500 words maximum for short fiction.
- Submissions must include a 50-100 word author’s full name, biography, and contact details.
- The subject of the email should be “Brigitte Poirson Literature Prize (BPLP).”
- Entries promoting profanity, racism, violence, or any form of abuse will be automatically disqualified.
- The decision of the judges is final, and neither Words Rhymes & Rhythm nor the judges will engage in any correspondence with participants regarding the outcome of the judging process.
- The copyright of each submission remains with its author. However, we retain the right to publish ALL and ANY entries in the annual BPLP anthology, on our website, or in our magazines, with full credit to the author.
Submission Deadline: 11:59 PM on Saturday, October 28, 2023.