When God stirs us to do a job,
We should not let dismay
Nor allow words of vain men rob
Our zeal along the way.
Nehemiah‘s an example –
Doubted he not God’s call,
But ventured out with his people
To build Jerus’lem’s wall.
When Sanballat against him plann’d,
Confusion to create;
He charged his crew in faith to stand,
“Remember the Lord, great…”
Yea, great and awesome things God did
To help this dauntless man.
Sanballat’s men could not succeed-
Theirs was a fruitless plan.
At last the task was done so well,
The rebuilders were awed;
Their foes, nations, could also tell
That this was done by God.
Christians! Children of the Most High,
Pluck courage from this tale:
Bear in your minds that God can’t lie,
He will not let you fail!
Written by: Kingsley U. Ayistar
Edited by: Kukogho Iruesiri Samson
- Invitation (wordsrhymesandrhythm.wordpress.com)
- Tempted (wordsrhymesandrhythm.wordpress.com)
- Peace in My Dome (wordsrhymesandrhythm.wordpress.com)
- Lust Crusade (wordsrhymesandrhythm.wordpress.com)
- Nehemiah 2. Nehemiah sent to Jerusalem. (KJV). (bummyla.wordpress.com)