After the first round of judging, the following poems made the shortlist for the second and final round.
1. MY VOICE (by Madu Chisom Kingdavid)
2. MAKE OUR MOTHER KING (by Davids Ezimako)
3. OUR NATAL RUBBLES (by Ayiba Tare Ojukonsin)
4. LETTER TO MY UNBORN (by Julius Bokoru)
5. WE TOO SHALL PLANT TREES (by Soonest Iheanyi Nathaniel)
6. DEATH LIVES HERE (by Echewodo Kelechi Mercy)
7. THE ANXIETIES OF A WIDOW (by Fabiyas M V)
8. THE ROAD (by Chimezie Chika)
9. AFTER GWAGWALADA (by Ezebuike Temple)
10. PETER WALKS THE FLOOD IN NIGER (by Nebeolisa Okwudili)
11. OH DEMOCRACY!, WHERE ART THOU? (by Emerald Friday Samuel)
*11 poems were shortlisted instead of 10 because of a tie.
PRIZES TO BE WON
First Prize: N20,000
Second Prize: N15,000
Third Prize: N10,000
Sponsor’s gift: N5,000
Kukogho Iruesiri Samson
Founder/Curator WRRPoetry, VerseUp!
- WRRPoetry (wordsrhymesandrhythm.wordpress.com)
- CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS: Eriata Oribhabor Poetry Prize 2013 (wordsrhymesandrhythm.wordpress.com)