After the first round of judging, below are the poems that made it to the shortlist of the maiden edition of the Sir Eriata Oribabor Poetry Prize.
TOP 11 ENTRIES
1. The Beggar by Olufunmilola Olubunmi Adeniran [5 votes]
2. Can Anyone Hear Me? by Chuks Asoegwu [5votes]
3. Sleeping With The Dead by Nwakanma Chika [5 votes]
4. Faithful Traitors by Jude Uchella [4 votes]
5. The Song Of Sacrifice by Ogunyemi Olaitan Bukola [4votes]
6. 9ja Dude by Ostar Kene [4 votes]
7. God On Trial by Hymar David [3 votes]
8. There Was A Country by Soonest Nathaniel Scholes [3 votes]
9. I Imagined, But I Never Imagined by Henry Nwokobia [3 votes]
10. Walls Of Unending Scars by Uche Uwadinachi [3 votes]
11. Misguided Venture by Ogundiran Ajibola ‘toby [3 votes]
11 poems were selected because it would be unfair to disqualify one entrant who had the same number of votes as entrants 7 to 10.
These poems will enter into the next round of judging after which the winning three will be selected.
1. Gone Are The Days [2 votes]
2. Black Story Teller [2 votes]
3. My Desk [2 votes]
4. A Star’s Scars [2 votes]
5. Gaza [2 votes]
6. Usurpers [2 votes]
7. The Torch Bearers [2 votes]
8. Emerging [2 votes]
9. Our Society Today [2 votes]
Almost every poem was selected at least once.