We are accepting nominations for the 2022 edition of the Words Rhymes & Rhythm NIGERIAN TEACHERS AWARD (WRR-NTA) to mark the occasion of the 2022 World Teachers’ Day themed “The Transformation of Education Begins With Teachers”.
“Education is the key to success in life, and teachers make a lasting impact in the lives of their students”.—Solomon Ortiz
Teaching in Nigeria is often viewed as a second-class profession, and teachers are viewed as second-class citizens with poor pay and little social respect, as in many countries. Therefore, the WRR-NTA is a way to recognize and reward teachers in Nigeria who have made a lasting contribution to the English language, Literature in English, and the creative arts.
Nigerians are hereby invited to nominate worthy teachers.
- The nominated teacher must be working with students aged 16 or below.
- The nominated teacher must be teaching English, Literature or the Creative Arts.
- The nominated teacher must be teaching in a Nigerian school.
- Nominations are encouraged for teachers working in rural communities or with socially disadvantaged students.
- Recently retired teachers (no more than 10 years ago) are also eligible for nomination.
- To nominate simply send an email stating the teacher’s name, contact details, school and location to INFO@WRR.NG with ‘WRR-NTA 2022’ as the subject.
- Include a 50-150 word statement justifying the nomination and attach a photograph of the nominated teacher at work where possible.
- Include your contact details (email and telephone).
- The submission deadline is 11:59 pm Friday, October 23, 2022
- The awarded teacher will be announced on Friday, November 7, 2022.
- The winner will be selected based on the quality of contribution as a teacher, not the number of nominations.
- Nominations will be verified.
- Only shortlisted nominees will be contacted.
- Publication of a co-authored electronic anthology for selected students of his/her school.
- An N30,000 cash token.
- A Certificate of Award.
The last edition of the NIGERIAN TEACHERS AWARD was won by Blessing Omeiza Ojo.