CỌ́N-SCÌÒ MAGAZINE is accepting original poetry, prose (fiction and non-fiction), art and photography for Issue 2/Volume 1 [July 2022]. The theme of this issue is “Identity.”
The question, “Who are you?” is surprisingly one of the most difficult to respond to. Names and tags and titles quickly come to mind. Religion, gender and sexuality are some other classifications with which we try to define our identities.
But these taxonomies fail to reach the depth of what makes us human. Who we are is beyond biometrics or nomenclature—these are mere masks, mists over our essence. What attribute or feature really defines the true nature of a person beyond their identity— gender, sexuality, religion, ethnicity, tribe, spirituality?
For this issue, we seek submissions (stories, poems, essays, art & photographs) that set us apart and yet give us a sense of community.
We love it when a story takes us to a part of the world, or a state of mind, somewhere we’d otherwise not have access to; stories that we can deeply connect with; stories that have the power to echo in our minds long after reading and that reveal our humanity.
- All submissions must adhere to the theme.
- Submit a maximum of 2 entries per category (photo, poetry, art, prose).
- Only original content written by you should be submitted.
- Short stories and essays should be between 400 and 1000 words.
- Art/photographs should come with captions.
- Works not written in English must be translated.
- All submissions should be made via the portal: https://www.wrr.ng/submit/
- Include a brief author biography as well as the author’s social media handles.
Authors will receive a ₦3000 token for each submission that is accepted for publication. We hope to increase this token in subsequent issues.
The Submission Deadline is THURSDAY JUNE 30 2022