WORDS RHYMES & RHYTHM LTD is pleased to announce the ‘GREEN AUTHOR PRIZE’ for young, unpublished Nigerian poets.
The prize was initiated in recognition of the need to give upcoming writers a chance to get heard.
The prohibitive cost of publishing has silenced young writers without the required funds, limiting most to their Facebook walls and the occasional blog entries.
Therefore, in each edition of the annual ‘GREEN AUTHOR PRIZE, four young poets will be jointly published as co-authors.
Authors will be selected from four zone: North, South East and West of Nigeria by a team of young and established Nigerian writers.
- Must be a NIGERIAN resident in NIGERIA
- Must be between 14 and 24 years of age
- Must not have a published book (traditional or self-publishing)
- Must have evidence of age and state of origin
HOW TO ENTER:
- Identify your zone by state of origin in the list below
- Select exactly TWENTY (20) poems in a Microsoft Word document using TIMES NEW ROMAN font
- Indicate your NAMES, AGE, STATE OF ORIGIN and ZONE at the top of the document
- Name the document with your NAME and Zone. Eg. “KUKOGHO IRUESIRI SAMSON – Zone 3”
- Send your entry as an email to SUBMISSIONS@WRR.NG with the document [containing the 20 poems] as attachment
- Include your contact details and 150 word bio in the body of the email
- Subject of email should be entrant’s NAME and Zone. Eg. “KUKOGHO IRUESIRI SAMSON – Zone 3”
Below are the STATES and ZONES:
- ZONE 1 – Benue State, Nasarawa State, Niger State, Federal Capital Territory, Kaduna State, Taraba State, Gombe State, and Plateau State
- ZONE 2 – Adamawa State, Bauchi State, Borno State, Yobe State, Jigawa State, Kano State, Katsina State, Kebbi State, Sokoto State and Zamfara State
- ZONE 3 – Abia State, Anambra State, Ebonyi State, Enugu State, Imo State, Akwa-Ibom State, Bayelsa State, Cross-River State, Delta State, Edo State, and Rivers State.
- ZONE 4 – Ekiti State, Lagos State, Ogun State, Ondo State, Osun State, and Oyo State, Kogi State, Kwara State
- If the judges cannot find a manuscript worthy of publication in a particular zone, a suitable candidate will be selected or nominated from another zone.
- Poems can be on ANY THEME and any form
- All poems must be the ORIGINAL work of the poet submitting it
- No sex discrimination, but Judges will not attempt to balance the sex ratio
- Previously published poems (on social media, blogs and anthologies) are allowed
- Poets will be willing to participate in the marketing and distribution of the eventual book and ROYALTIES WILL BE PAID BASED ON AUTHOR INVOLVEMENT
- The decision of the panel of Judges is final
DEADLINE: 12 noon, Friday, September 11, 2015.
Since inception as a social re-orientation poetry forum in August 2012 (RC 1234112), WRR has been actively involved in promoting Nigerian writing, acting as a support base for young Nigerian writers.
Kukogho Iruesiri Samson
CEO/Publisher WRR LTD
email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org