Name of Author: CHIGOZIE OBIOMA
Books: THE FISHERMEN, Little, Brown and Company, 2015
- Shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize For Fiction
- Longlisted for the Guardian First Book Award
- Shortlisted for the FT/Oppenheimer Awards
- Shortlisted for center for Fiction First Novel Prize
- Shortlisted for Edinburgh Festival First Book Award
ABOUT CHIGOZIE OBIOMA:
Chigozie Obioma was born in Akure, Nigeria. He was an OMI fellow at Ledig House, New York, and has won Hopwood Awards for fiction and poetry. His fiction has appeared in Virginia Quarterly review and Transition. He has lived in Nigeria, Cyprus, and Turkey and currently lives in the United States where he is a Helen Zell Fellow in creative writing at the University of Michigan.
His fist novel, THE FISHERMEN, was published by Little, Brown and Company (April 14, 2015). It has been nominated for several international awards.
I am a member of the WRR editorial team.