On Saturday, the 4th of July 2015, the WORDS RHYMES & RHYTHM LTD (WRR) crew visited ISEYIN DISTRICT GRAMMAR SCHOOL (IDGS), a fine public institution in the ancient Oyo town of ISEYIN.
It was the first phase of the WRR YouthNGAGE, a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative by WRR CEO, Kukogho Iruesiri Samson, targeting Nigerian youths in primary, secondary and tertiary institutions.
The #YothENGAGE initiative is simply the creative/positive engagement of Nigerian youth, so their idle time becomes creative time because, at WRR, we believe that the average youth of the 21st century is endangered by the deluge of information of the WWW-age.
As a counter measure, YouthNGAGE seeks to, through deliberate mentorship and educated guidance, help these youth sift through the WW-age and use it as a Launchpad for their success, rather than the dangerous distraction it presently is for most.
Date: Saturday, July 4 2015
Venue: Iseyin District Grammar School, Iseyin, Oyo State
- KUKOGHO IRUESIRI SAMSON; poet, multimedia journalist, web enthusiast, photographer – CEO/PUBLISHER WRR
- KOLADE FREEDOM OLANREWAJU; author of three books – COO WRR
- ENIGMATIC OLUMIDE BISIRIYU; poet, cinematographer, CEO EGC, convener Be Blessed – PARTNER WRR
- THE ART OF WRITING – What? Why? When? How?
- HOW DO I GET PUBLISHED – The writer’s option
- ORAL POETRY – Spoken word as an art of expression
- SAVING YOUR CREATION – The cloud option
- SCHOOL PUBLISHING PACKAGE – Creating young authors
- SPOKEN WORD COMPETITION
- POETRY PROMPT
BENEFITS FOR PARTICIPATING SCHOOL:
- Students got updated perspectives on the PURPOSE of writing
- Students discovered avenues to harvest their writing talent and promote their
- 44 books were donated as prizes to students and library used
- A FREE blog and social media page were designed for the school
- School offered a 20% discount on any publishing package selected for the SCHOOL PUBLISHING PACKAGE
- Three talented students were sponsored to attend the Be Blesses Spoken Word event
It is our strong belief at WORDS RHYMES & RHYTHM LTD that engaging the minds of youths with positive activities is key to sanitizing the future of our nation.
We will do our best to keep this initiative running and call on corporate organizations, groups and individuals to support us with funds, books and equipment.
Also, school proprietors that want the #YouthENGAGE workshop for their students can reach out to us – it is FREE.
KUKOGHO IRUESIRI SAMSON
CEO/Publisher WRR LTD