Title: CLINICAL BLUES
Author: DAMI AJAYI
Publisher: WriteHouse Collective
Year of publication: 2014
- Shortlisted for 2012 Melita Hume Prize for ‘Clinical Blues’ in manuscript form
- Longlisted for Erb-Acce Poetry Prize
- This Is Africa (TIA) Best Books for ‘Clinical Blues’
Dealing with – and in – sex, school and surgery, Ajayi’s debut collection of poems is autobiographical and yet universal. Part pop, part poetry, it is a book steeped in youth. Despite, or perhaps because of, the heartbreak and agonies of youth, Clinical Blues is a plea, a rant and finally a threat aimed at delaying the twilight of our days. And, oh!, there is some politics as well.
- Clinical Blues… The Musicality Of Clinical ‘Poetscriptions’
- The Poet And His Patient: A Review of Dami Ajayi’s Clinical
- Review of Clinical Blues by Dami Ajayi
- On Dami Ajayi’s Clinical Blues
You can buy CLINICAL BLUES through any of the channels below:
Facebook: Dami Ajayi
I am a member of the WRR editorial team.