The entire world is awakened to novel approaches to effectively utilizing poetry as agent of change in diverse societies for peace and sustainability.
Last year, the 100thousand Poets for Change (100TPC), Abuja, organized the 100thousand Poets and Musicians for Change event on 29th September, 2012.
Being an annual event, this year’s version promises to be bigger and better.
Words Rhymes & Rhythm (WRRPoetry), an international movement of poets, partners 100thousand Poets for Change, Abuja in bringing ABUJA ANNUAL POETRY SPLASH.
The 100Thousand Poets for Change & WRRPoetry ANNUAL POETRY SPLASH is a celebration of poetry for positive change.
Against this background, and on behalf of 100TPC Organization and WRRPoetry, I invite Poets and lovers of literature and the arts resident in Abuja and the FCT to send well-worded poems that speak truth, justice and change for peace and sustainability of the nation’s centre of unity, Abuja.
You don’t need to be addressed as a poet to send an entry. You even don’t need to write in standard poetic format to participate. Just let your lines pour out your feelings even in prose-poetic style.
We want people to freely speak their minds. What is important is the message.
We are looking for sound minds that say it as it is, how it should have been, how it should be in poetic vibes.
As poets, we need to speak out and help effect change.
NOTE: Only residents of the FCT are eligible to participate because it is one of the series of programmes planned as prelude to the 100TPC grand event coming up on the 29th September, 2013 in Abuja and more than 200 cities across the world.
• All entries should be sent as the BODY of the mail to: email@example.com
• Maximum of 2 (TWO) entries per participant
• Submission closes on 31st January, 2012.
• Name and CONTACT details should be included in entries.
• ATTACHMENTS will be automatically DISQUALIFIED
• Participants will have the opportunity of reading their poems LIVE to the world.
• Selected poems will be recognised.
• Selected poets will perform at the 100TPC event – 29th September, 2013
• 100TPC T-Shirts will be given out to poets.
POETS NEED TO SUPPORT POETS TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
I am a member of the WRR editorial team.