Book Title: ODUFA – A LOVER’S TALE
Author (s) Name: OTHUKE OMINIABOHS
Publisher: TND Press
Year of Publication: 2015
Number of Pages: 394
Reviews: ODUFA by Othuke Ominiabohs
When Anthony Mukoro, a struggling writer and a budding poet, discovers he cannot father a child due to health issues, his whole world comes crashing. In pain and a desperate bid to sire an heir, he plunges into the reckless life of a pleasure seeking libertine. Along the line, he meets and falls head over heels in love with Odufa, a beautiful girl with a past. With Odufa, he would be whole again – she was going to be his miracle.
But their coming together is fraught with challenges from the start. Odufa’s sister, Ulusi, through whom they both meet, is attracted to Anthony. Wary of hurting her sister, Odufa resists Anthony’s advances fiercely at first until, suddenly throwing caution to the wind, they both get entangled in a love affair so intense and powerful it quickly begins to spiral out of control.
The challenges they face – violence, jealousy, ethnic chauvinism and others including Anthony’s growing affection for an old flame, Enoh, his badly deteriorating health and his subsequent proposition to move away from the troubled Kano State in Northern Nigeria where Odufa schools and where they had both taken residence, drives a wedge between the two love birds whose fragile love, stacked against a sea of overwhelming odds, must fight for its survival and salvation.
Ominiabohs, in his debut novel, graphically chronicles the entire gamut of emotional experiences of a tumultuous affair of young lovers. Laying bare each nerve strand in its raw sensitiveness, and cutting open each delicate naked vein bleeding with life, Ominiabohs unfolds with starting and moving candour, the joy and pains, hopes an longings, sorrow and despair of a fragile love which, against a sea of overwhelming odds, fights for its survival and salvation.
– Onesi Taiwo Dominic (Author, The Mirror)
To Purchase ‘ODUFA – A LOVER’S TALE’:
Send an email to email@example.com
Visit any of these bookshops:
- JED Bookstore, The Palms, Lekki, Lagos.
- TerraKulture, VI, Lago
- LitCafe and Office Mall, E-Centre (Ozone Cinema building), Yaba
- Patabah Bookstore, Surulere Shoprite, Lagos
- Quintessence, Ikoyi, Lagos
- Glendora Bookstore, Ikeja, Lagos
- Laterna Books, Opposite Eko hotel, Lagos
- JazzHole, along Awolowo Rd, Ikoyi, Lagos
- Mosuro, The Booksellers Ltd, Ibadan
- The Booksellers, Abeokuta
- Options Bookstore, Ibadan.
- University of Ife Bookshop
- Boldoz Bookshop, Akwa Ibom
- Mosuro The Booksellers Ltd, City Plaza, Opposite Obasanjo House, Ahmadu Bello Way, Area 11, Garki II, Abuja. Tel: 08058436339
- Salamander Café, 5 Bujumbura Close, off Libreville Street, Amino Kano Crescent, Wuse II Abuja.Tel: 07027850932
- Port Harcourt at Bookville World, 2 Ezimgbu Link Road, Off Stadium Road, 0818 336 2853
- Mobile Bookstore, Lagos. 08023582332.
You can also get copies online at:
Odufa – A Lover’s Take is also available on the remaining Amazon sites (Amazon.in, amazon.fr, amazon.de, amazon.it, amazon.nl, amazon.es, amazon.co.uk, amazon.ca, amazon.com.mx, amazon.com.au, amazon.com.br). It can be searched for on any of the platforms listed above except for Amazon US: amazon.com.
I am a member of the WRR editorial team.