Name: DAMI AJAYI
- CLINICAL BLUES, WriteHouse Collective, 2014
- DAYBREAK & OTHER POEMS, Saraba Individual Poetry Chapbook Series, 2013
Genre(s): Poetry, Fiction, Essays
- Shortlisted for 2012 Melita Hume Prize for ‘Clinical Blues’ in manuscript form
- Longlisted for the Erb-Acce Poetry Prize
- This Is Africa (TIA) Best Books for ‘Clinical Blues’
Dami Ajayi studied Medicine and Surgery at the Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife Nigeria where he discovered his love for writing. In that time he also co-founded Saraba, an international literary magazine.
He is the recipient of many awards that cut cross poetry, non-fiction and fiction.
‘Daybreak’, his electronic poetry chapbook, became an underground classic and his first volume of poems, ‘Clinical Blues’, was selected by This Is Africa (TIA) as one of the best books in the last five years.
He contributes book, music and film reviews to several culture journals. He is currently working on a novel about contemporary Lagos when he is not studying to become a psychiatrist.
CLICK HERE TO BUY HIS BOOK ‘CLINICAL BLUES’
Facebook: Dami Ajayi
I am a member of the WRR editorial team.